Morgan is 14! I just can't believe it. She can now wear makeup and go to the youth dances. The weekend before her birthday she got to go to youth conference -- a pioneer trek. It was for 14 and up, but they forgave her the couple of days and let her go. What an inaugural experience. She had a blast.
Morgan is my right-hand man. She is always willing to help me, always obedient. She really is. I can't believe how great she is -- how hard she tries to do what's right, how diligent she is at her schoolwork, how smart she is, what a great musician she is, how beautiful she is. She is a great example to her siblings, her friends, even her parents at times. She is so cheerful. The only thing really wrong with her is that she doesn't know how great she is. I love that girl so much!
Yes, cheesecake for her birthday cake -- every year. She loves it! I have to say that I'm not really sad about it. I love it too.Because Michael works all day Monday (which was her birthday), I took her shopping (just the two of us!) on her actual birthday -- capris, shorts, swimsuit, lunch -- and then we celebrated on Tuesday. The kids always get to pick their birthday meal, and Morgan always chooses chicken Alfredo. I'm not too sad about that choice either. Yum!
3 comments:
She is beautiful. My oldest turns 14 in August, wears glasses and is my right hand man too.
The older my kids get the more I like teenagers and the less I like toddlers.
The past years have gone by too swiftly. I have so many great memories of Morgan and Brandon. She is beautiful Jess, I can't believe how tall she looks, is she rivaling you yet? Happy Birthday Morgan!
Morgan, I know I have't been around much but I know that all of the things your mother says are true. You just take charge of your own life and I love you.
Grandma
Post a Comment