Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy Birthday to my boys!

I missed posting for Brandon's birthday earlier this month, mainly because I was just getting started on my blogging. Here is my sweet 12-year-old boy (yes, still sweet). He has his First-Class in Scouting (which he got the night of his birthday); he got the Aaronic Priesthood and was ordained a Deacon this past Sunday. (Mom and Dad took turns being sick the past couple of weeks, so it couldn't happen any sooner.) He passed the Sacrament for the first time. I actually didn't cry about it or anything. Brandon is a responsible, well-spoken, well-behaved young man. I am very proud of how he is growing up and trying his hardest with everything he is involved in.


The kid is still pure joy when he's happy. There's just no hiding it. Brandon is the fun wherever he goes, and it shows plainly on his face. What a great kid!


Cade-or-ade's birthday was this past Monday. Now he's five, but he understands that he can't go to school until next fall. He is a little disappointed about it, but he understands. He is such a good, obedient boy who always tries to do what is right. His Primary teachers love him. Although he has boundless energy, he tries very hard to sit still and do what is expected of him. He is a good big brother to Kellen and Liam, always taking care of them.


Although he is very fun-loving, in some ways he's an old soul too. He has a very keen understanding, and he is very compassionate.

We feel so blessed to have two such great sons! What wonderful boys they are and wonderful examples. Love you guys!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Brandon! Happy Birthday Cade! Hope you both had great days and lots of fun!

Terry and Alice said...

Happy Birthday! I remember when you guys were here last and Cade was small enough to sit on Terry's shoulders! He looks so grown up!

Marsha said...

Hey, guys, happy birthday from Grandma Miskin.
I think you are both great boys too. I miss you and hope maybe I can come down while I am at Jennifer's. Keep smiling and taking good care of each other. Cade's birthday is on the way.

Terry and Alice said...

Hey Jessica,
So I'm tagging you. Write 7 interesting things about yourself on your blog then tag 7 other people.

Anonymous said...

Jess! Oh my gosh! I can't believe I found you! How are you and Melina related? I knew her from the mission! I went to the same mission she was from! I've always wondered if you were related to the same Christensens since you were all from Texas! I'm so excited to see your blog and "catch" up on your life! Email me! cjrush71@yahoo.com

Cherry Rivera Rush

Gigi said...

7 kids -- you are brave! They're just adorable though.
I linked your blog from Sewing Serentiy and noticed we have similar blog names and both live in Texas -- guess we love our fireflies here in the L. S. State, fairies too of course!
Georganna