Monday, November 24, 2008

They call him the wanderer . . .

So this morning I got up early to work. My alarm goes off at 4:00 a.m., but I always manage to hit snooze a couple of times, so it was closer to 4:30 when I got up and wandered into the kitchen for a drink of water before I got started. I turned on a small light, walked around the island, and what did I find on the floor? No, not a mouse (thank goodness for that!). No, it was a little Kellen. He was cheek down on the tile, bum in the air, fast asleep with a cup on the floor behind him. Apparently he had wandered down for a drink himself, and just couldn't make it any further. I scooped the poor kid up and put him back in his bed. He was glad for that. You may ask why I am not posting a picture with this. It's because my motherly instincts automatically put the child back to bed. I thought on the way down the stairs that I probably should have photographed it, but come on, people! How many of you are quick-witted at 4:30 in the morning?

1 comment:

Jill said...

I probably would have been so startled I would have screamed and woken the entire house. Poor little guy, the tile couldn't have been all that cozy.